Wondering what to do when your arm pints turn dark and you can’t wear sleeveless or raise your arms in from of anyone?Well this is a common problem faces by most of the ladies. Dark under arms are very common among women who have used many artificial cosmetics and have experimented a lot with their skin. For some people arm pit in a tickle spot, but for others who have dark under arms, it is a very big reason for embarrassment, which ultimately leads to loss in confidence.
Underarm darkening is not only common in women, but men also suffer from a similar problem. It is much more common with people who have dark skin tone. Underarm darkening has many reasons, but just using medicines and cosmetics without knowing the reason for darkening will lead to more of it. In fact experimenting too much can be dangerous for the skin as well as your health.
Reasons why skin darkens
Many people believe that exposure to sunlight is the only reason why sun darkens as people start having sin tans. There are other reasons too, they are:
• Diseases are a main reason which plays and important role in change in the skin tone and color from time to time. For ex, in Addison’s disease there is skin pigmentation and excessive darkening.
• Hormonal changes during pregnancy. During this time the production of melanin increases in the skin leading to patches in many parts of the skin.
• Hyperpigmentation is a kind of disorder where skin cells become damaged and affects the color of the skin. This spreads all over the skin and affects the under arms also.
• Bad health habits like not cleaning the underarms frequently may lead to darker underarms.
• Excessive shaving of under arms. Shaving leaves a bit of hair on the skin which resembles darker skin colour.
Now that we know what the causes of dark under arms are, let’s have a look as to how to whiten the delicate area.
• Waxing: waxing that particular area will remove the dark skin cells which have been caused due to excessive shaving and razor usage. Waxing might hurt a bit more but the hair will be removed from the root and your mission of Underarm Whitening will be successful.
• Applying lemon juice: this is a very easy home remedy. This can not only be done for under arm skin but on any part of the body which you want to lighten us. Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent and will gradually lighten the area after prolonged us. Take lemon juice and rub it on the desired area and keep it stable for some time before taking a batch. Do not apply deodorants for few days.
• Another home-made remedy is making a whitening pack at home or buying it from the market. At home take flour and mix it with yogurt, lemon and turmeric powder. Apply it for some time and wash it off.
• Prevent usage of deodorants or limit those: most of the people use deodorants excessively in the underarm area which is the reason of darker underarms. Instead use other things like anti-fungal powders, alum or baking soda wipe to combat body odor.
• Whitening scrubs are widely available in the market. Many people do not wash the underarms. Either they forget that area or neglect it. This causes accumulation of dead cells. Select the scrub which suits your skin the best. Few good brands are Nivea, clean and clear, everyuth etc.
A dark underarm is a major problem for women. Women who are young and want to look groomed pay very close attention to Underarm Whitening.Dark underarms are a big turnoff for men. One way to avoid dark under arms is not to shave the hair. This is the mistake which most people make which makes their underarm look unclean and dark. There is no overnight remedy for fairer underarms but the thing which works the fastest is lemon. It won’t cure it immediately, but you will see the results in just on use.